Teaching two classes in Los Angeles
It’s Fall and class is in session! I have two upcoming classes in the LA area at local art schools that I’d love to announce.
1. SOCIAL MEDIA FOR CREATIVES
Are you a creative type who is new to social media or shy about using it? I will be teaching my 1-day workshop on Social Media for Creatives at Otis College of Art and Design on SEPTEMBER 17th. Here is what you will learn:
- see demos of Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Snap Chat
- learn about video platforms and like Facebook live and Periscope and how video can up your game
- identify the networks that work best for you and why
- see examples of how networks are used to give a voice, face and personality to your brand
- how to set goals and strategies that will help leverage your brand and showcase your work
- how to identify your audience, use hashtags, strategic posting techniques and combining networks can work for you
- how you can develop engaging, unique content to get the attention of brands and potential clients
It is an affordable $49 for the 1-day seminar. We will be taking a short break for lunch. Please bring a lunch or snacks with you. REGISTRATION is OPEN! Go HERE to register. Hope to see you there!
SOCIAL MEDIA for CREATIVES
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th
OTIS COLLEGE of ART and DESIGN, Los Angeles, CA
10am – 4pm
2. INTRODUCTION to SURFACE DESIGN
Like last fall semester I will be returning this Fall at Art Center in Pasadena teaching Intro to Surface Design in their Art Center at Night program. It is a great class for anyone who is a graphic designer, illustrator or artist
• Learn the anatomy of a collection
• Learn how to put your art in repeats using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Make several collections in your style
• Create presentations for specific product categories
• Students receive several fabric swatch samples from Spoonflower of their designs
Go to artcenter.edu to register or call 626.396.2319.